Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One Thousand Gifts

The tree has been put up, our schedule has wound down. Intentionally, we've kept our diary to a minimum this week and the next. I wanted life to be slower so that we could think of the child who came many, many nights ago.



But I lost sight of that baby today. After both boys interpreted my saying "no butter cookies" as meaning they could have "a" butter cookie, I lost sight of the baby with the reaction that followed.

With a stuffed-nose and aching head from the flu, I gave up and gave in to a nap.

But back up, I'm looking for the baby again. A reminder of His grace in my own life. A reminder to show grace in their lives.

A reminder to grow grace in our lives.



Here's starting A Thousand Gifts for which to be thankful this coming year.

#0001 - #0010

- laughter in the house
- being able to stay home with Jared and Elson
- gramps, brothers, sisters, husband and children
- friends whom I can count decades with
- pictures in books
- wind against my cheek
- sound sleep every night
- the sweet sound of fingers gliding across the piano keys
- Christmas
- stillness

Perhaps you too would like to count your thousand blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment